We’re Back ….
And Better than Ever!!
Hello World! Midway Motion and Fitness will begin operations on June 1 at 5:00 am. We are excited to welcome everyone back and we hope we can slowly move back to normal. Beyond all else, we are grateful for our members and the very many emails, phone calls and text messages of support we have received. We love many things about Midway Motion and Fitness, but most of all we love our members.
Please know that as we begin to navigate through these new requirements, nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our entire family, both members and staff. If you have questions, suggestions or concerns, we are always an email away. Don’t hesitate to reach out whenever necessary.
We do realize that many of our members may not feel comfortable returning to the gym as of yet. We are working on transitioning our virtual classes to a new platform for our members. We hope we can provide you with strong motivation and solid programing.
In order to meet the Governor’s restrictions please note the following:
- Our hours will be 5:00 am – 10:00 pm. At this point we are not be able to offer 24 hour access but we hope to be able to do that in the near future.
- Everyone who enters the gym must wear a mask. Masks are required to be worn at all times in the gym.
- We will be utilizing a no-touch thermometer and taking temperatures for all staff and members as they enter the gym. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be permitted to enter.
- We will also offer the use of an oxygen sensor. It is recommended that anyone with less than a 95% reading should check with his/her physician.
- Upon entrance you will be given your own spray bottle of disinfectant and a clean rag. Members must wipe down ALL equipment – including dumbbells, weight bars, machines and lockers. Return the bottle to the front desk to be disinfected for the next member and please put the rag in the dirty towel receptacle.
- Members are asked to maintain a distance of 6 feet from all other members. If a member is working out on a machine, please note that machines to the left and right of that member are off limits if they can not be utilized without violating the 6 foot requirement.
- Midway can longer offer a towel service. Please bring your own towels.
- Members are required to bring their own mats.
- The saunas will not be available until further notice.
- Showers are available (without towel service).
- Since only 45 members will be allowed in the gym at any given, we will be keeping count as members enter and exit. We are offering 60 and 90-minute appointments for members who want to be assured of their workout times. Please call the front desk to schedule your time. If you do not have a reservation you are welcome to work out as long as the overall count remains at 45 or fewer. Members may book appointments for a day, a week, or “standing appointments” for those who work out on a regular schedule. If a member misses 3 appointments without canceling, she or he may not be able to book appointments in the future.
- A revised class schedule will be posted. Since classes are limited to a maximum of 5 members plus one instructor, it is best to reserve your class time. On good weather days many classes will be moved outdoors.
- Small group fitness sessions (PODS) will be strictly limited to one instructor and 5 members (same as classes).
- There will be increased staff presence during busy periods. Please know all of us will be working hard to accommodate you.
- Members maybe permitted to play racquetball, hand ball, and ping pong.
- There may be no more than 2 members on a court at anytime.